Pick your teams for all the big college bowl games starting December 28th in our first ever College Pick ‘Em Pool. Rules: Entries must be submitted before December 28th to qualify. You will receive 1 point for each win. The 1st tiebreaker will be closest total points in BCS Championship Game. 2nd tiebreaker will be the closest (high or low) to Notre Dame score. 3rd tiebreaker will be the closest to Alabama score. The first place winner will receive a week’s stay in Maggie Valley, NC. Second place will receive a week’s stay in Kissimmee, FL. Third place will receive $100 cash. Winners will be announced on January 8th. Click here to fill out your picks. Good luck!
To introduce our new website and the holiday season we are holding our first contest! We’re giving away $100 Visa card to help you get that extra something this holiday season. Please fill out the registration form to enter to win. The giveaway will end Sunday 12/16 at midnight. The winner chosen at random, will be notified Monday, December 17th.
Note: If you haven’t already done so, don’t forget to sign up for our holiday contest for your chance to win cash for holidays!
While the violations on the annual OSHA Top 10 list don’t typically change from year to year, experts say they should serve as a reminder to employers to learn how they can appropriately apply the safety standards in their workplaces.
The preliminary annual list of OSHA’s most frequently cited workplace safety violations was released at a recent meeting of the National Safety Council. They are:
- Fall protection — general requirements (1926.501). Total violations: 7,250.
- Hazard communication (1910.1200). Total violations: 4,696.
- Scaffolding (1926.451). Total violations: 3,814.
- Respiratory protection (1910.134). Total violations: 2,371.
- Ladders (1926.1053). Total violations: 2,310.
- Machine guarding (1910.212). Total violations: 2,097.
- Powered industrial trucks (1910.178). Total violations: 1,993.
- Electrical — wiring methods (1910.305). Total violations: 1,744.
- Lockout/tagout (1910.147). Total violations: 1,572.
- Electrical — general requirements (1910.303). Total violations: 1,332
source: Risk and Insurance Online